At Reload Greece we help young entrepreneurs unleash their potential to create new ventures which make a positive socio-economic impact in their home countries.
Founded in 2012, Reload Greece is an educational charity currently in it’s sixth year of operation. We are scaling our activities to reach out to as many aspiring entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders and prospective Reloaders as possible. We are a passionate team comprised of full time and part time members as well as volunteers and we are committed to growing Reload Greece to reach its full potential.
We are building a movement but we can’t do it alone.
We are currently searching for a Head of Development to support the charity’s next phase of growth, across the range of different activities we are undertaking.
Head of Development
This role provides a great opportunity for the right individual to play a critical role in the organisation’s expansion by building close relationships with a wide range of supporters including foundations, corporates and individuals while at the same time contributing to its strategic direction.
Coming in to ‘hit the ground running’ joining a very passionate and committed team. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the strategic planning on how the programmes are evolving and lead the charity’s fundraising efforts.
- Lead the organisation’s network mapping and identify as well as secure prospect philanthropic opportunities and major donations from high net worth individuals and other sources.
- Build and develop key relationships with existing foundations and corporates in Greece, the UK and internationally.
- Lead, attract and coach a team of high performing volunteers in order to achieve and exceed the charity’s plans and goals.
- Produce and develop proposals, reports and presentations for major donors and corporations.
- Provide reports and regular updates to the CEO and Board of Directors of the progress against the charity’s fundraising plans.
Skills and Requirements:
- Trustworthy and possess a “can-do” attitude.
- Experience at a similar role with a track record of building relationships with foundations, corporates and partners.
- Experience in working against set targets.
- Working well under pressure with the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects.
- Passionate about making a positive change & interest in Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation.
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to build rapport over the phone, email, and face to face.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Be motivated and results driven.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Additional Greek Language is a must.
Want to join us? Please send us your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Application deadline 17th of August but applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
What are you waiting for? #joinRG.
- Interest in Entrepreneurship, Social Innovation , Education and Social Mobility
- A “start-up” mentality and willingness to work tactically when needed
- Willingness to work in a growing team of creative and driven volunteers
- Passion for the role, energetic involvement in Reload Greece activities, and willingness to help in our cause
- Available for UK wide travel
- Available to work odd weekends
What are the Benefits?
- Experience – Employers are always looking for experience, and this role allows you to demonstrate many key skills and assets: event organising, marketing, relationship management, team building, public speaking, and much more, in a start-up organisation.
- Boost your CV – It is an extremely tough job market in the UK, and being social, charitable and entrepreneurial can really give you the edge. Whilst studying looks great on your CV, it is important to also be aware of the market and industry you are entering. Interning shows that you’re passionate, dedicated, and willing to engage in extracurricular activities.
- Networking – In a time when it’s ‘not what you know, but who you know’, becoming associated with Reload Greece is a great way to broaden your horizons and meet as many new people as possible. Professors, lecturers and fellow peers with no doubt have an enlightened respect for you. Furthermore, you will be joining the community at Reload Greece, the ‘reloaders’ – made up of entrepreneurs, students, mentors, and high-flyers in the business world.
- Free access – You’ll get free access to Reload Greece events and resources.
- Opportunity – for professional development as Reload Greece grows.
Person Specifications Knowledge/ Qualifications:
- Ideally have completed or be working towards a degree relevant to the position
Skills and Abilities:
- Trustworthy, network builder and people person
- Extremely organised
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Efficient and effective decision making
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Sense of responsibility and attention to detail
- ● Self-discipline and self-management skills.