How we collect information
We will collect information about you when:
- You make a donation or enquire about a programme or event
- Sign up to receive updates on our activities
- You volunteer for Reload Greece
- You take part in one of our events or enquire about getting involved
- You contact us through the following channels: online, email, phone, SMS, social media or by post
- You post on our social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Depending on your privacy settings or the privacy policies of these sites, you might give us permission to receive information about you from them
- You visit our website. As you navigate through our website certain technical information is gathered, using various technologies and means, without you personally providing this to us. This information includes internet protocol addresses, internet tags, navigational data (“log files”, “server logs”, and “clickstream” data), the internet platform you are using and device identifiers.
- We may also receive information about you from third parties – but only if you’ve given them permission to share your information with us.
- We may also collect personal information about you from the public domain, such as from social networks, company websites and news archives. This helps us find out where our supporters come from, what they do and what they are most interested in. This helps us to talk to you about the things that are most relevant to you and helps us find more passionate people like you to support Reload Greece’s vital work.
The personal information we might hold about you
- Your name, address, email address and phone numbers
- Your bank or credit card details and your tax status if you have given us permission to claim Gift Aid or told us you are not eligible (only if you are making a donation)
- Where it is appropriate, we may ask your specific interests relating to our work
Using your personal information
We will use your information for the following purposes when it is in both yours and our legitimate interests to do so.
- To provide you with the information you have requested
- If you sign up for a programme or event we will keep in touch with you about other relevant news and events
- To administer your donations, including Gift Aid processing
- To contact you about our work and how you can support Reload Greece.
- To tailor internet and social media advertising according to your interests, preferences and the way you have used our website, Facebook or Twitter pages
- To send you newsletters or contact you about how you can help Reload Greece to continue and expand its work.
Our staff and volunteers at Reload Greece will mainly use the personal information we collect about you. We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities. Nor do we sell any information about your web browsing activity.
How long we keep your information for
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. If you tell us you do not consent to receive our marketing, we will keep a record of your contact details to enable us to remove you from any contact lists now and in the future.
How do we protect your information?
We take looking after your information very seriously. We’ve implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
You are in control
- You can change your mind about the consent you have given us for our marketing activities at any time.
- You can ask us to stop using your information for any of the purposes listed above at any time.
- You can request to see the information we hold about you at any time and ask us to correct, delete or restrict it.
- You also have the right to ask us to move, copy or transfer the information we hold about you from our own IT environment to another of your choosing, in a safe and secure way.