We hope you have marked your calendars, because we’re only 3 weeks away from RG Connect19! This dynamic event is the go-to place for the entrepreneurial and professional community in London looking to learn, inspire and connect. With over 40 international high calibre speakers, a broad programme of hot topic discussions and many networking opportunities, you do not want to miss our 6th Reload Greece conference.
Inspiring Debates, Inspiring Stories
We’ve invited guest speakers from prominent global organisations to share their thoughts and insights at RG Connect19. Joining us for the day will be an amazing roster of speakers from organisations such as Freshfields, OTE Group, BT Group, Vodafone IBM Global, Bloomberg, Allianz, Coffee Island, Allen & Overy, Threshold Ventures and Big Pi Ventures.
Together, we will discuss the future of entrepreneurship, investments, policy and innovation in Greece and in other EU countries, the Middle East and the United States. Under the theme ‘Greece Open for Business’, the conference aims to mobilise the diaspora to drive innovative investments in Greece. The one-day event will be held on Saturday the 5th of October at Allen & Overy LLP offices in London, in collaboration with London Business School, London School of Economics and the South East European Studies (SEESOX) programme of Oxford University.
Here’s what you can expect at RG Connect19.
Keynote sessions include:
- Greece Open For Business – Policy-makers and government representatives discuss the changes that Greece is implementing to become more open for business and investment. Speakers include Ioannis Tsakiris, Deputy Minister of Development and Investments in Greece, in charge of public investments and structural funds, Christos Dimas, Deputy Minister of Development and Investments in Greece, in charge of research and technology and George Houpis, Director at Frontier Economics.
- How Funds Source Deals – Venture Capitalists Bruno Bolsens, Partner at Big Pi Ventures and Andreas Stavropoulos, Partner at Threshold Ventures, share their experiences and perspectives, a year after the European Investment Fund’s EquiFund 400 million investment for early-stage startups, launched in Greece.
- Greece as a Medical Destination – as Greece becomes a key player in the medical tourism industry, this panel addresses the milestones and key challenges, particularly in the fields of IVF & Plastic Surgery. Dr. Alexia Chatziparasidou, Founder and Lab Director of Embryolab Fertility Clinic, Dr. Dimitris Drakotos, Founder of Art Surgery and Dr. Konstantinos Pantos, Founder of Genesis Athens Clinic join the session moderated by George Kyvernitis, Vice President of Kyvernitis Travel S.A.
RG Connect19 has a packed agenda with thirteen breakout sessions divided into three concurrent tracks, which dive deep into various hot topics.
INSPIRE sessions include:
- 5G: Evolution or Revolution – Fotis Karonis, CTIO, Enterprise & 5G Executive Lead at BT Group and Ioannis Konstantinidis, Chief Strategy, Transformation & Wholesale Officer at OTE Group explore the myths and truths for the future of communication, data management and the advancement of sciences as the explosive growth of mobile internet traffic brings the need to transform traditional closed and static network infrastructures into open, scalable and elastic ecosystems supporting new types of connectivity and high mobility. The session is moderated by Michael Joacobides, Sir Donald Gordon Chair of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at London Business School.
- Role Models Leading the Way to Diversity and Inclusion – While unconscious and conscious bias and pay gaps still exist, this panel addresses inclusion, equality and diversity in the workplace. Liana Gouta, Group Director Energy Policy and International Affairs at HELPE and Philippa Michali, CEO of Allianz Greece, share their insights on succeeding in a competitive business environment and gaining a work-life balance in this session moderated by Niki Siropoulou, Director of SingularityU.
- Current Trends and the Future of Work – The future of work offers unparalleled opportunities, but also significant challenges. Andrew Scott, Professor of Economics at London Business School and Author of international bestseller ‘The 100-Year Life’, Nikolaos Mavridis, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Academic and Maria Kolitsida, CEO of AI startup Winning Minds, will be sharing how longevity and new technologies are shaping the future of work and employability.
LEARN sessions include:
- Circular Economy & Sustainability – Delivering accessible and long-term value for all, as enshrined by the UN Sustainable Development Goals 2030 is among the biggest challenges for both corporates and startups. Fotis Fotiadis, Co-Founder & CEO of RG Challenge18 winning biotech startup, Entomics Biosystems, who transform food waste into sustainable, renewable resources with the use of insects, discusses his experiences with Lyda Modiano, Director of Wide Strategy and Member of the Advisory Board of Reload Greece.
- Road to Zero: Electrification of Transport and Entrepreneurship – Achieving lower or even zero emissions is a key global challenge. This session will help us to better understand the wave shaping the 21st century, with a focus on the electrification of mobility and how entrepreneurship can play a pivotal role. Sotiris Georgiopoulos, Head of Smart Grid at UK Power Network and Fred Le Ballois, GM at Bluepoint London join the session moderated by Nikolaos Soulopoulos from Bloomberg New Energy Finance.
- Culture Hacks: Branding Lessons from a Renowned Soprano – How much could you learn about self-branding from a discussion between an Opera Singer and a Rapper? In this session, Frédéric Jean- Baptiste, RAP artist and experienced financial services professional will interview Soula Parassidis, Operatic Soprano, cultural influencer and Co-Founder of Living Opera to share their advice and techniques about self-branding in the art industry and beyond.
CONNECT sessions include:
- The Day After the First Million – Raising funds for your startup is a long process and many argue it’s a full-time job. In conversation with Christos Makiyama, Founder & President at Silicon Planet Corporation, Constantinos Goulas, Postdoctoral Researcher at the Delft University of Technology, who has co-produced the first 3D-printed ship’s propeller and was given a place in the 2019 Guinness Book of Records, will be sharing tips on commercialising an innovation and key contributors to success.
- International Accelerators in London: Learning from Each Other. Pier Paolo Mucelli, Founder & CEO of TechIatlia, Gergo Gulyas, MD of Startup Campus and Renate Schnutt, Senior Sector Manager at Advantage Austria share their experiences and the challenges and opportunities they face as international accelerators when supporting non-UK startups and bringing extroversion in the fast-paced and creative UK ecosystem.
- Scaling in Retail Business – Expansion strategy in retail business can be challenging and demanding. In this session, Konstantinos Konstantinopoulos, the CEO of Coffee Island, the 7th biggest Coffee Chain in Europe, will share his company’s journey and the significant developments which led to increasing their network and expanding to new markets.
- Startup Pitches – 10 Alumni Startups from Reload Greece and other international accelerators operating in London pitch to an esteemed panel of judges.
To get an idea of what to expect at RG Connect19, check out our video from last year’s conference!
Save Your Place at RG Connect19
We’ve designed an engaging day of session content that we’re looking forward to sharing with you. After RG Connect19, you’ll leave with the information, inspiration and contacts to drive change forward.
Tickets for RG Connect19 are limited, register now so you don’t miss your chance to learn, inspire and connect with industry thought leaders, investors, policy-makers and successful entrepreneurs. We look forward to seeing you at RG Connect19 in London on Saturday 5th October!