At Reload Greece we believe in the opportunities that are born in crisis eras. We help young entrepreneurs unleash their potential to create new ventures which make a positive socioeconomic impact in their home countries.
Founded in 2012, Reload Greece is an educational charity currently in it’s fourth year of operation. We are scaling our activities to reach out to as many aspiring entrepreneurs, investors, thought leaders and prospective Reloaders as possible. We are a passionate team comprised of full time members as well as volunteers and are committed to growing Reload Greece to reach its full potential.
We are building a movement but we can’t do it alone.
We currently have opportunities for internships at Reload Greece:
Community and Events Intern, Community Development Team
Reload Greece Community Manager
Managing University Accounts. Relationship Management Event logistics Management
Minimum involvement of 2 days per week for a minimum of 4 months. September – December
Based in London with occasional travel around the UK.
This position will be office based with travel to University locations around the UK. You will be working closely with the Community Manager to organise and run events at Universities. This role involves ensuring the smooth running of events at 10 UK Universities. The role requires someone who can stay in the position for the full four months to ensure all events have been successfully undertaken. Full training will be provided by Reload Greece in September.
- Spread the word about the workshops by creating and posting information in different social media groups.
- Keep up to day the YEP factsheet after each workshop (e.g. filling in attendance at workshops).
- Help organise and develop the different workshop activities.
- Be in charge of subscriptions at the workshops and if additional participants show up, keeptheir email and name on an Excel file.
- Engage, communicate and keep up to date with the University Ambassadors about theorganisation of the events at their University.
- Assist with logistics in the leadup to and at events / workshops
- Assist the Community Engagement Manager with e-mail content making or posts content.
- Administrative tasks.
- Keep up to date the volunteers’ database.
- Be the connecting point among Reload and any upcoming Interns.
What are you waiting for? #joinRG.
- Interest in Entrepreneurship, Social Innovation , Education and Social Mobility
- A “start-up” mentality and willingness to work tactically when needed
- Willingness to work in a growing team of creative and driven volunteers
- Passion for the role, energetic involvement in Reload Greece activities, and willingness to help in our cause
- Available for UK wide travel
- Available to work odd weekends
What are the Benefits?
- Experience – Employers are always looking for experience, and this role allows you to demonstrate many key skills and assets: event organising, marketing, relationship management, team building, public speaking, and much more, in a start-up organisation.
- Boost your CV – It is an extremely tough job market in the UK, and being social, charitable and entrepreneurial can really give you the edge. Whilst studying looks great on your CV, it is important to also be aware of the market and industry you are entering. Interning shows that you’re passionate, dedicated, and willing to engage in extracurricular activities.
- Networking – In a time when it’s ‘not what you know, but who you know’, becoming associated with Reload Greece is a great way to broaden your horizons and meet as many new people as possible. Professors, lecturers and fellow peers with no doubt have an enlightened respect for you. Furthermore, you will be joining the community at Reload Greece, the ‘reloaders’ – made up of entrepreneurs, students, mentors, and high-flyers in the business world.
- Free access – You’ll get free access to Reload Greece events and resources.
- Opportunity – for professional development as Reload Greece grows.
Person Specifications Knowledge/ Qualifications:
- Ideally have completed or be working towards a degree relevant to the position
Skills and Abilities:
- Trustworthy, network builder and people person
- Extremely organised
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Efficient and effective decision making
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Sense of responsibility and attention to detail
- ● Self-discipline and self-management skills.